The seven times Formula One champion says Ferrari cannot afford to fire any more blanks.
F1 world champion Michael Schumacher collided with Australian Mark Webber's Jaguar in the French Grand Prix pitlane.
Brazilian Felipe Massa put Ferrari on pole position for the French Grand Prix on Saturday.
Ferrari unveiled their new Formula One car, the SF70-H, with the minimum of fanfare after a disappointing 2016 season but plenty of hope among fans that the Italian team will return to winning ways.
Charles Leclerc swept to pole position for the Mexico City Formula One Grand Prix on Saturday with Carlos Sainz qualifying second in a surprise Ferrari front-row lockout.
Fernando Alonso is leaving Ferrari at the end of the season because he wants a fresh environment and needs to be winning again, the Formula One team's ex-chairman Luca di Montezemolo said on Wednesday.
'I am very happy that you have finally found someone with whom you really feel that you feel very comfortable and secure...I am 100% behind you dad and wish you all the best and congratulations.'
Sunday's British Formula One Grand Prix was stopped on the opening lap after Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen speared heavily into the barriers.
Ferrari, winners of 15 of last year's 18 races, have now gone three Grands Prix without a win
Fernando Alonso agreed to join Ferrari some months ago, the ecstatic Spaniard said on Wednesday after his three-year deal was announced.
Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel has joined the bandwagon of drivers opposing the newly proposed aggregate qualifying format of the Formula One. According to the latest qualifying format, a driver's two best laps in each of the three knockout sessions will be combined in order to determine the grid position. Meanwhile, the 90-second qualifying format that saw the drivers get eliminated one by one rather than being dismissed at the end of each session in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix and in the Bahrain Grand Prix would be dropped. Hitting back at the new format, the Ferrari driver compared the new system with the circus and insisted that the F1 should focus only on racing, the Guardian reported Echoing similar views, Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff described the new format as `madness` and said that all the teams wanted to revert back to that of the previous season.
Ferrari kept Brazilian Rubens Barrichello off the track for Saturday's opening practice at the Bahrain Grand Prix after having to rebuild his new car's gearbox.
"Let's not joke. He (Schumacher) remains the favourite for the title," said BMW's Gerhard Berger.
Michael Schumacher will test Ferrari's 2007 race car again this week in preparation for his return to Formula One as a replacement for the injured Felipe Massa. The seven-times world champion, who had a day of testing in the F2007 at the circuit near Florence 10 days ago, cannot try out the F60 car before the European Grand Prix in Valencia on August 23 because track testing is banned during the season.
Ferrari still want MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi to race for them next year if they manage to change Formula One rules and enter a third car.
"I did not take any designs away from Ferrari. Someone passed on the designs but it wasn't me," Stepney told Italy's La Repubblica.
Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen took pole position for the showcase Monaco Formula One Grand Prix on Saturday with world championship leading German team mate Sebastian Vettel alongside him on the front row.
Sebastian Vettel drove a flawless tactical race to claim his maiden victory for Ferrari at the Malaysian Grand Prix on Sunday, registering the first Formula One win for the Italian team since 2013.
Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene has said the 'door at Maranello will always be open' for Michael Schumacher's son Mick should the German prospect follow in his father's footsteps and progress to Formula One.
Ferrari have extended Brazilian Felipe Massa's contract by two more years to the end of the 2010 season.
The 23-year-old Finn has 48 points compared to the 44 of Ferrari's second-placed Michael Schumacher.
Lewis Hamilton won a thrilling Italian Grand Prix for Mercedes on Sunday to stretch his championship lead to 30 points over Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel, who fought back to fourth after a first lap spin.
Massa, who failed to score after a bungled pitstop, claims the race should have been cancelled because the sport's leaders allegedly knew before the end of the 2008 season what had happened but covered it up.
The Scottish broadcaster said Murray was self-isolating and still had hopes of competing in the Australian Open next month.
Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has no agreement with Ferrari and will be staying at Red Bull for years to come, team boss Christian Horner said on Tuesday.
Spaniard Carlos Sainz will make a dream move to Ferrari next year, with Australian Daniel Ricciardo replacing him at McLaren, as Formula One's driver carousel took another big twirl on Thursday with the 2020 season yet to start. Ferrari said 25-year-old Sainz, who replaces four times World champion Sebastian Vettel alongside young Monegasque Charles Leclerc at the sport's most glamorous team, had signed for 2021 and 2022.
Norris's teammate Oscar Piastri, who spun off and finished ninth in his home race last Sunday after starting on the front row and challenging for the lead, has another good chance to rev up his season.
Michael Schumacher will come out of retirement to test Ferrari's 2007 title-winning car in Barcelona next week.
The Briton's latest victory, in a Tuscan Grand Prix that was twice red-flagged and re-started, left him one shy of the Ferrari great -- a record once held up as a milestone to withstand the test of time.
Red Bull's Formula One World champion Max Verstappen took pole position for the Australian Grand Prix on Saturday with Carlos Sainz qualifying alongside on the front row for Ferrari two weeks after undergoing surgery for appendicitis.
Summary of sports events and persons who made news on Sunday
Sebastian Vettel has made clear his future is with Ferrari as Mercedes look to replace newly-retired Formula One world champion Nico Rosberg for next season.
Michael Schumacher won a point despite retiring as BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica was disqualified from the race.
Bringing Fernando Alonso to Ferrari to partner world champion Kimi Raikkonen would not be desirable, team president Luca di Montezemolo said on Tuesday. "To line up a Raikkonen-Alonso double act would mean wanting to damage yourself. I want two equal drivers that work together," the president said.
The main suspense concerns the future of Michael Schumacher, who could announce his retirement.
Valentino Rossi talked with Ferrari about racing in the team's second car at next weekend's Formula One Italian Grand Prix but decided against it, the MotoGP world champion said. Ferrari instead opted for Force India's Italian driver Giancarlo Fisichella, who will race for the world champions for the remainder of the season.
Brazilian Felipe Massa secured pole position for the Malaysian Grand Prix on an all-Ferrari front row.
Fernando Alonso got the win that he wanted in Sunday's German Grand Prix while his Ferrari Formula One team paid the price with a fine of $100,000.